In 1992, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) launched the “Back-to-Sleep campaign” in order to reduce the frequency of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). This campaign, still in action, advises parents to place their children on the back in the crib and on a hard baby bed mattress so that the baby’s face will not be smothered by a soft mattress if he/she ends up on the stomach. Unfortunately, because of the hard nature of the baby bed mattress, the number of babies suffering from Plagiocephaly (also known as Flat Head Syndrome) sky rocketed.
Most of the babies’ head flattening (Flat Head Syndrome or Plagiocephaly) occurs during the first 3 months of life, when the baby’s skull is still malleable and as they lay most of the time on a firm baby bed mattress.
By using the natural and simple properties of a hammock, Lifenest creates a safe and comfortable environment for the head of your baby. The netting gives a larger surface on which the head rests, which redistributes the pressure away from the soft spots. The contact surface for the head on a Lifenest is up to four times larger than on a normal baby bed mattress.
Hence, Lifenest helps with Flat Head prevention thanks to its unique design.
Lifenest sleeping system complies with the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations, and also provides extra safety features that will keep your baby safe during his/her sleep:
- Your baby can breathe through the netting if he/she accidentally rolls over thanks to our 3D spacer technology.
- The venting channels eliminate faster the CO2 that your baby breathes out to give a better oxygenation.
- Any liquid or secretion goes right through the netting, which prevents any suffocation risk.
- The protective layer of the Lifenest is waterproof. All you need is a sanitary wipe to clean it!
- Lifenest is designed by doctors to allow a free airflow so that overheating and sweating are reduced.
- The zippered cover sheets, the four ribbons attaching the Lifenest to the crib slats and the second safety hammock put your baby in a safe environment.
- The cover sheets are BPA free, Phtalate free and Lead free, as tested by the SGS Laboratories.
- Lifenest is fire protected wihout any chemicals added.
Sells for $99.99
Want to see what else made the Top 10? You can find the whole list here.