Okay, I love Hallowe’en. So much so that I sometimes use the little apostrophe between the ‘e’s.
When I was pregnant with my first son, the holiday crept up on me and couldn’t think of anything good so I didn’t dress up. I was barely pregnant on October 31st the second time around so I lost out again. I’m not going to be pregnant again so it’s up to you, my legions of awesome pregnant ladies, to rock the kick ass Halloween costumes!
Here are some neat ideas I found in my usual online trolling:
1. I am incredibly impressed that this woman can pull off a bikini this pregnant. I wouldn’t have looked like this. I’ll just leave it at that. This one wouldn’t really work in colder places but if you live in a warmer climate, you’re probably hot anyway so this is a good excuse to let it all hang out. Welcome to Wonderland
2. Is it just me, or does the toddler add to this costume? Lochaven on Flickr
3. When I first saw this I actually thought she was holding a pumpkin. I thought “well, that would be heavy to carry around all the time.” Why, yes. Yes it is heavy to carry that around all the damn time. coolest-homemade-costumes.com
4. I think this one would rock even more if your better half had a bit of a gut and he sported the bare belly with you. coolest-homemade-costumes.com
5. I am beyond impressed with how cool this costume is (and how skinny her ass is). funcoast.com
6. Anything that depicts trailer trash in any way, shape or form, will always get a thumbs up from me. christyallbee.com
7. See point six. Just gold. Whirligig Bug
8. Okay, I know this woman isn’t pregnant but somebody on Facebook posted this as an idea and I thought it was great. Do the egg part then do a little belly cut-out for the yolk and add the horns for a devilled egg. Clev-ah! devilhalloweencostumes
9. I thought this was such a simple idea but very cool. Ni-Chem on Flickr
10. I loved the idea of tying your costume into your kid’s. How sweet are both these peanuts?! lilsugar.com
11. Okay, there were some costumes that were all axe murderer and they upset me because I’m all stupid and sensitive now that I have kids but, for some reason, I found this one awesome. You may not agree. coolest-homemade-costumes.com
12. This person isn’t pregnant (at least I don’t think so) but what a great little outfit. Non? coolest-homemade-costumes.com
13. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would be better than being 37 weeks pregnant and dressing up as Elvis in the Vegas-bring-a-gun-to-the-White-House-drug-years. Costume Finder
14. This is such a smart outfit and would be totally comfortable. pinterest
15. Always classic (like a dog with sunglasses on) and the funny never gets old for me. pregnancy.thefuntimesguide.com
16. I thought this was a great costume for when you’re pregnant and couldn’t believe I couldn’t find any examples online. Humph. adultsantacostume.com
17. Peep? C’mon. Awesome. anniescostumes.com
18. I hope this poor kid never discovers he’s used as an example in a pregnancy website but I thought this would be an excellent costume to wear if you weren’t ready to share the pregnancy news yet. It might be a little a hard to pee in although, I guess you’d just slide out of it to go. instructables.com
19. This is another great pregnancy disguise but this would also make a fantastic costume if you just wore all red and had the KoolAid face positioned over your belly. Plus, you could crash through walls and scream “oh yeah!!” baltimoresun.com
20. Another great pregnancy cover-up. I think she’s a little obvious with the “tissues” line though – I’d put “blow me”. homemadesimple.ca
21. I recognize that this is hardly practical but this guy’s See’s Box of Chocolates costume just blew my mind. He made this damn thing himself. You could make your belly the second one down from your face!! No? Okay, well you can’t say I didn’t try. makezine.com
22. Love, LOVE this idea. coolest-homemade-costumes.com
23. I saw a few “bun in the oven” costumes but I thought this one was executed the best. You could also just dress up as a chef and put a “bun in the oven” label over your belly similar to the ladies in costumes 9 and 10. Lessons in Patience
24. Tiffany went as this fab sumo wrestler! She said, “I went as a Sumo Wrestler when I was pregnant in 2008. It was a big hit. I made the “diaper” out of black felt. And.. attach the nipples with something other than masking tape. One of mine fell off during the dance party. :)”
25. I think going as Charlie Brown and Snoopy is just brilliant.
But wait, there’s more!
Here are some of the incredible costumes you’ve sent along to add to the inspiration!
Love this Mike Wazowski costume from Monsters Inc. One of her kids went as Sully, and the other as Boo. Too perfect.
Love, love, love the idea of adding these black velvet cutouts to an orange sweater for an office-appropriate costume.
I would have never dreamed of dressing as a Hole In One for halloween, but this is one kick ass costume! I love it and her blog too.
Love this adorable Milkman and the Housewife costume is compliments of Rochelle, Josh, and little Lola (who didn’t know she was in on the joke). They won their Halloween contest with this creative idea.
See! I knew dressing up as Elvis would look awesome. Thanks for sending it, Laurel!
A few honorable mentions:
I had to include this pregnant Sea Monkey guy because it was just too WTF not to share. My Sea Monkeys are Dying
Whoa. That’s all I’ve got. boortz.com
That’s it! Hopefully you found some great ideas and if you have any others let me know and for the love of God, send me pictures if you dress up to [email protected]. I’ll add them to the list!
You can find even more great ideas in my second post.