Bassinets are incredibly handy when you have a newborn so I’m always on the lookout for a good one. The Babyhome Air Bassinet is a real contender so check out my short video on it.
If you don’t want to watch the video, here is my cheat sheet:
THINGS I LOVED:
- This sucker is really well made.
- The legs easily come off so it can fold flat for travel or storage.
- It only weighs 13.2lbs so it is super light
- Side mesh windows that allow for nice airflow – the mesh is nice and sturdy so nobody is putting a finger through it either.
- 3 different interchangeable leg positions: wheels rocker and stationary.
- Comes with easily attachable changing pad
- It just looks nice – no frills or dingalings hanging off of it
- Nice height – the edge was flush with my bed so I could easily see in.
- The wheels and lightness make it very portable
- The mattress is made out of some magical breathable pad – it’s something special.
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- I found the fabric a little persnickety to zip onto the frame. There isn’t much give (which is a good thing when it comes to babies – you don’t want slack) but you only have to put that on once so I wouldn’t sweat it too much.
- It’s pricey at $300. I think you get what you pay for – you can tell the materials are top of the line – but it’s still a big ticket item.
If you want to compare it to other products, I would take a look at:
- Chicco Lullago Travel Crib: Less expensive, no roll or rock options on the legs, no change pad & mattress isn’t as fancy
- Babybjorn Cradle: Also has the nice mesh feature but doesn’t fold down for travel & no change pad option
- Halo bassinest: Also has the nice mesh sides but you aren’t moving this sucker around – it’s on the heavy side so it would probably just stay in your bedroom.
If you’re in the U.S. and you wanted to support the Burd, some of my affiliates have a great selection:
Your cost will be the same but Pregnant Chicken will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps support my Diet Snapple habit.