I am officially pissed that this stroller did not exist when I had babies. This would have been perfect for me (I always say that “there’s no ‘best stroller’ just one that’s best for you.”)
The Indie 4 is a compact, lightweight all-terrain stroller designed to bridge the gap between urban errands and off-road adventures. Use the optional bassinet when your child is an infant, and remove it when they’re ready for a forward facing seat.
If you don’t want to watch the video, here is my cheat sheet:
THINGS I LOVED:
- 4 Air-Filled Tires and All Wheel Suspension makes it really nice to push almost anywhere
- Large easy-access storage basket that will fit a ton of crap.
- Includes the separate bassinet for your newborn
- Oversized canopy with magnet closure peek-a-boo window has a pocket and can zip-off to increase air flow. The canopy can also be used on the bassinet
- Fabric is made up of 50% recycled PET (14 plastic bottles) and 50% bamboo charcoal fiber to wick away moisture, regulate temperature and inhibit bacterial growth.
- Auto locks and has a standing fold
- 3 year warranty and these guys have really good Customer Care.
- It weighs 22lbs which is pretty light for this kind of stroller – the Vista weighs 27lbs and the City Select weighs 28lbs.
- Can be used from birth (even the stroller portion reclines all the way back) to 55lbs.
- Car Seat Adapter included – compatible with: Graco SnugRide Classic Connect 32, Graco Click Connect 40, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35, Chicco Keyfit 30, Britax Chaperone (optional Maxi Cosi /Cybex Car Seat Adapter can be purchased separately)
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- It isn’t the cheapest stroller out there at $600 but compared to other quality brands like Bugaboo, Orbit and UPPA, you get a LOT of bang for your buck
- The stroller itself doesn’t have a parent facing option. This wouldn’t have bothered me but it seems to be a hot feature right now.
- It doesn’t convert to a double stroller
- I found the fold pretty good – folded it is 29″ x 24.5″ x 15″ if you need to measure your trunk
You can find out more or purchase the indie 4 on the bumbleride site.
If you wanted to support the Burd, some of my affiliates have a pretty good selection as well:
Your cost will be the same but Pregnant Chicken will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps support my Diet Snapple habit.