This is one of those things you look at when you’re newly pregnant the first time and think, “Oh heavens, I can’t see ever needing one of those.” then fast forward 20 weeks and you’re like, “I need ten of those suckers, STAT!”
My shirt creeping up was one of my biggest pet peeves when I was pregnant, closely followed by my coin slot hanging out when I’d bend down to pick something up, so one of these would have come in real handy.
They are Bashful Bump Maternity Bodysuits. They were created when mom, Amy – tired of constantly tugging her shirt down to cover her exposed, pregnant belly – went in search of a maternity bodysuit and couldn’t find one. Of course when this happened to me I just shrugged my shoulders and ate some Oreos, but, no, Amy goes out and creates a business. Whatev.
Here’s why I think they are great:
• Covers the fish pail belly when it hangs out of everything.
• Conceals the asscrack when you need to squat down and pick up the $10 you dropped in line at Dairy Queen.
• Eliminates the tank top creep up that happens under button down shirts or sweaters.
• Allows you to tuck in your shirt without it looking like a hefty bag has been stuff down a drainpipe.
• Stops that nasty updraft feeling you get when your shirt hangs away from your belly.
• Stops that nasty updraft feeling you’re *not* getting until you walk past a store window and realize half your belly is hanging out.
(Editor’s note: This happened to me, and as much as I was mortified that I was walking around like this, I was more flabbergasted that I couldn’t feel it. How the hell do you not know your stomach is hanging out in January?! This is why I completely empathize with wardrobe malfunctions.)
• You’ll be all fancy like Nina Garcia – Fashion Director, Marie Claire and, more importantly, my favourite badass judge on Project Runway. Seems she has one of these too and loved it.
If you don’t know who I’m talking about, this is Nina Garcia. I would also like to point out that this is *exactly* how I looked when I was pregnant too…..except I was a little bigger, sweatier and I was wearing dirty lulu lemon pants. Other than that, identical!
So here’s your chance to get something that I desperately needed when I was pregnant but wasn’t around then. Am I bitter. Noooo. Are the people that had to look at me bitter? Possibly.
Check out the Bashful Bump Maternity Bodysuits site and leave a comment below telling me what bodysuit you’d like if you won. I’ll pick a random winner next Monday (September 19th).