I’ve got another review for a product from the fine folks at phil&teds.
This time it’s their Lobster High-Chair, which is a travel high chair that you can clamp onto most tables. Personally, I would consider using this as my permanent high chair because it stays out of the way, is fairly easy to clean up, and functions just as well as a traditional high-chair.
You can check out all the features in my video below.
Here are my top points:
THINGS I LIKE:
- Your baby is right up at the table with you (I find some of the boosters put them lower than the table and don’t work well on puffy bench seats)
- It clamps on really well – nothing is going to slip on this sucker
- It folds down to a really compact size to toss in the car, take on a trip or take to Grandma and Grandpa’s house
- The seat is washable, although, I think I’d just run it under a tap
- It comes with a detachable tray that is dishwasher safe and has a lip to keep food off grimy restaurant tables
- It can hold a child up to 37lbs
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- It’s pricey so if you think you’re only going to use it once in a while you may want to consider a booster or even a chair tie seat as a less expensive option
- If you wanted a comparison, check out the Inglesina or even the Chicco or Regalo – none of them come with the tray though
- It doesn’t work on all tables – pedestal, card tables, etc. aren’t stable enough
- Fabric is always harder to clean than a hard plastic, but you aren’t going to get any easier to clean than nylon and I find it more comfortable and easier to get a baby ‘unstuck’ when they have their ham hock legs