With Mother’s Day fast approaching here (sorry, U.K. I screw it up every year) I thought I would put together some great gift ideas for pregnant ladies. If you’re the “gift getter” you can just forward this along with a little “hint hint” in the subject line. If nothing else, it will remind everyone that mother’s day is coming round the mountain.
1. This 40’sh Weeks pregnancy journal features classic and quirky prompts—covering symptoms, cravings, baby nicknames, maternity clothes, and more—plus space to record week-by-week notes. It’s $10 on Amazon but there are a ton out there.
2. Custom Mother’s Day Ice Cream, Gelato or Sorbetto from eCreamery shipped right to your door. 4 pints $50 (It’s pricey but, c’mon man, fucking ice cream, right?)
4. Fund a woman’s safe birth in a developing country through Kangu.org. You can find a woman to support by age, country or even due date and fund $10 or more of her safe birth services. (It would be cool if you had the same due date.)
6. Butter Non-Toxic nail polish if you’re concerned about some of the harsh chemicals that can go into regular polish – they have incredible colours too. Throw in a gift certificate to your local spa if you want to amp it up a bit. $15
7. Snoogle Total Body Pillow. I don’t think I need to explain the awesomeness of this one. $50
8. Artsy Voiceprint. They create personalized nursery art using a recording of your baby’s heartbeat. Around $40
9. Bad-Ass Bitch Soy Candle. It’s bad ass and it’s soy. $18
10. “Don’t Worry It’s Not Coffee, It’s Decaffeinated Whiskey” Mug. It may help shut the pie holes of the “should you be drinking coffee?!” crowd. $21
11. Earth Mama Angel Baby Pregnancy Essential Bundle. Lots of great, useable goodies in this pack. Their products are really amazing too. $75
12. “Say Hello to my Little Friend” maternity shirt. Everyone loves a good Scarface reference. $30
If you’re stuck for a last minute gift you can print off my handy Mother’s Day Pintables and tape 50 bucks to it (that’s always the right fit).
Betty Turbo – Etsy
Happy Day, Mamas!