In the last few years, a popular baby shower trend has grown where guests are asked to bring a favorite book and sign it in the place of a card.
The beauty of this idea is two-fold; in addition to helping to build an awesome library for baby, each book is extra special because of the sentiment written inside.
If you love this idea and want to try it out at a shower you’re planning, we’ve made things easy by creating six free printable baby shower ‘bring a book’ cards that you can print off and stick into your invites!
‘Bring a Book’ baby shower inserts
Simply choose the format you’d like for your preferred design. We’ve set up the first .pdf files if you’d like to print off a single insert (or if you’d like to send it electronically). The second .pdf has a set of four inserts on a sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ paper that you can print out and cut into singles.
What to write in a book for a baby shower?
If you’ve been invited to a shower with a “Bring a Book” theme, and you’re not sure of what to write, we’ve got a few ideas to get you started!
- May the pages of your story be filled with joy and adventure.
- You are the author of your story – I can’t wait to read each and every page!
- May your love of reading begin today and continue to grow as big as you do!
- May each page in your story be greater than the one before.
- Fill your heart with joy, your days with laughter and your shelves with books, and you’ll be set!
- May your story be greater than the pages of any book can hold.
- Here’s to a lifelong love of reading!
- May the library this book belongs to be the first of many you visit in your lifetime!
- May your stacks of books be almost as big as your dreams!
What do you think about having guests bring a book instead of a card to a baby shower?
Do you have any suggestions for great baby shower themes to complement this idea? We’d love to hear about them in the comments!
Also check out: Baby Shower Games That Don't Suck