Remember those granola bars that I’ve been raving about in my Sprout Right meal plan? The ones where I ate the whole tray?
Well, Lianne gave me permission to post the recipe for you guys because we all need a little crunchy-sweet in our lives.
They are super simple to make and the only “weird” thing is the brown rice syrup but you can find it in many healthy sections in grocery stores – I know Wegman’s and Whole Foods carry it.
Go Faster Granola Bars
- 1 cup Nature’s Path Millet Rice Flakes cereal
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- ¾ cup dried fruit (raisins, chopped dates, apricots)
- ¼ cup sunflower, pumpkin, or sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut butter or unsalted butter
- ¼ cup almond butter
- Mix cereal flakes, rolled oats, dried fruit, seeds, and almonds in a bowl.
- Gently heat brown rice syrup, coconut butter, and almond butter in a large saucepan until melted and smooth. Add dry ingredients to saucepan and quickly stir well to coat. Press into an 8-inch (2 L) square pan.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour and cut into squares. Store at room temperature. Makes about 16 bars.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.