Your baby is pretty close to being finished growing lengthwise, but it will do some serious beefing up over the next seven weeks. Many sites compare your baby to a pineapple now, which sounds like the most uncomfortable thing to be carrying in your body aside from maybe a ball of barbed wire and broken glass. Your soft, beautiful baby is around 17 inches long and about 4.5 lbs.
I also wanted to talk a bit about feeding your baby. Many people feel very strongly about bottle feeding and breastfeeding, but I wanted to write a quick top 5 list of the benefits of both options. Here goes:
- Anybody can feed your baby and at 3 am that’s really awesome
- You always know how much your baby is eating
- You can drink tequila or smoke peyote to your heart’s content
- You can wear anything because you don’t have to worry about boob access
Breast (or Chest) Feeding
- Technically speaking, it’s the way we’re designed to feed babies
- Nothing gets much cheaper than free (I’m not counting your time here)
- Convenient and fast – you can never forget it at home and nothing silences a crying baby like an instant boob
- Your antibodies pass to the baby so it boosts their immune system
Now, you may already have a good idea of what you’d like to do once your baby is born but keep an open mind about this one. If you can breastfeed, I say give it a shot. If it doesn’t work out, don’t beat yourself up about it. Both are completely acceptable ways to feed your kid including a little bit of both.
Depending on where you live there will probably be pressured to do one or the other. I’ve read about women being asked to leave establishments because they were breastfeeding but I’ve also known people who peeled the labels off formula cans so they wouldn’t be ridiculed for bottle feeding.
I honestly believe there’s a special place in hell for people that make a person feel like shit about the way they choose to feed their child. Folks need to recognize that every parent wants what’s best for their baby and they aren’t helping the situation by adding to their doubt and fears.
If you’re looking to read more, here are some great posts on breastfeeding, and here are some great posts on formula feeding.
33 Weeks Pregnant Cheat Sheet:
- Your baby is about 17 inches long (or 43 cm) and weighs about 4 pounds (1.8 kg).
- Your baby is going to spend the next few weeks really beefing up and gaining around half a pound a week.
- Your baby is losing a lot of their body peach fuzz, although, many of them still arrive a little furry. It's awesome.
- You have around 49 days before you give birth.
How many months is 33 weeks pregnant?
Thirty-three weeks is just over 8 months pregnant.
This week's to do:
Set up thank yous. Whether you go the electronic or physical card route, you can set up any thank yous you might want to send. Craft a stock 'thank you' message so you can just fill in the blanks when you're too tired to think. Check out Postable to send personalized cards that look handwritten without having to leave your couch.
How are you feeling this week? Let me know here.
Leave a Comment