As you know from my Hospital Bag Packing post, you don’t technically need to take anything with you if you’re having a hospital birth – got your vagina? Packed! However, I would highly recommend taking some stuff along because it can make your time there a whole lot nicer.
So when Laura sent me one of her Push Packs to check out, I was pretty intrigued.
The idea is to have some of the essentials along with those little nitty-picky never-would-have-thought-of items packed up into one easy kit.
Each Push Pack contains:
- Lather shampoo (people seem to really dig this brand judging from the reviews on Amazon)
- Lather conditioner
- Lather body wash
- Lather lotion
- Lather facial soap
- Lather makeup remover wipe
- Lather shaving cream & razor
- Crystal deodorant wipes
- hair band
- Earth Mama Angel Baby bottom balm (one of my faves)
- natural lip balm
- breast pads
- maxi pads
- disposable underwear
- nail file
- playing cards
- Motherlove Organic Nipple Cream (awesome ratings)
- thank you cards
- exclusive Cutest Baby Ever sticker for baby from Stickybellies (you know you’re going to need it seeing as you ARE giving birth to the cutest baby ever!)
* Keep in mind if specific brands aren’t available at the time they will replace with a product of equal or higher value.
I think what impresses me the most is that there’s no filler and nothing is cheap – it’s not some crappy bag that’s been half filled with tissue paper and a bunch of cotton balls. It comes in a nice bag that is chocked full of nice stuff that you will actually use. The more I dug through it the more I kept finding things and thinking, “What a great idea! You WOULD need that!”
At first I thought $45 was a little pricey, but the more I thought about all the stuff you would have to buy individually (or in a giant box just to pack one) plus the time it would take to assemble it all I think it’s a damn bargoon.
I would also recommend adding an airplane bottle of Jack Daniels and a small taser but maybe that could come in the next iteration.
The folks at Push Pack sent me a Push Pack and compensated me for my time to write this review. All my opinions are my own though – you know I won’t tell you about stuff that I think is crap.