I wish I have taken more pregnancy photos.
I took one or two sad selfies to prove I was gestating, but I really wish I’d taken the time to take some photos of what was going on in our lives just before each of them was born.
I’ll see photos or newspaper articles from the 70s (I’m old) and think, “Wow, that’s cool that bananas were that cheap when I was born. Or, wow Toronto looked like that when I was a baby.”
So it got me thinking about what kind of cool shots you could take and almost make a neat photo time capsule for your child.
Here’s a list of ideas of all the photos you could take:
- Your pregnancy at every stage – here is my Maternity Photography board on Pinterest if you need some inspiration.
- The baby’s clothes
- The baby’s room
- Your house (inside and out)
- Your street
- The main street in your city or town
- Front page of the newspaper the day your baby is born (you could hold onto that too but it may hold up better in a photo)
- A bunch of flyers, magazine and trashy tabloids from that month
- Your car (doesn’t look like much now but will be pretty cool in 40 or 50 years)
Once you have all your photos, you can print them off in a custom book that’ll you’ll all enjoy through the years.
Here are some great places to print one too:
What else would you take shots of? Help me out and I’ll add them to the list!
Leave a Comment