The Halo Swivel Sleeper Bassinest is a bassinet that can sit up right next to your bed and swivel over your bed for easy access to your baby. It also has a drop-down side, a light, music, good vibrations (oom bop bop) and a nursing timer.
Halo Bassinest Review
Have a peek at my lovely video to find out more:
Things I loved about the Halo Bassinest:
- Can swivel over the bed
- Your baby is right at eye level
- Mesh sides for great air circulation
- Nice neutral color and design
- Drop down side
- Maneuvers out of the way easily
- Very sturdy and stable
- Reasonably easy to put together
Things to Consider:
- It’s a little pricey
- You still have to lift the baby over the drop side so it’s not a seamless transition
- It’s heavy (a good thing for stability) so you’re not going to be moving it a lot, although, they do have a Basinest Flex that is super light a portable now.
Halo Bassinest Comparisons:
Graco Pack N Play Playard with Bassinet: About $160 cheaper. Doesn’t have the swivel function or the do-dads, but extends its use by converting to a playard when your child is older.
Arm’s Reach Concepts Mini Arc Co-sleeper: Similar to the Pack N Play but this one can butt up right against your bed.
Summer Infant By Your Side Portable Bedding: This one is $60 bucks so there’s a big price difference. It sits on your bed instead of beside it so if you are sleeping in a double or even a queen, dad/mom/partner may get the boot.
Should you buy the Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper?
I think it’s a great product. Especially if you think you’re going to be nervous with a newborn. (::raises hand::) It's a great way to keep your baby close to you without compromising on safety.
Do you have a Bassinest?
What do you think of it? I'd love your feedback in the comments!
Our next recos: Safe Sleep: The AAP Wants Me to Do WHAT??!!