Finding a great lactation consultant can make all the difference in the world, especially when breastfeeding doesn’t come easily. Unfortunately, breastfeeding emergencies don’t always line up with traditional lactation consultant schedules, but all that’s about to change thanks to Medela’s 24/7 LC (Lactation Consultant).
What is Medela’s 24/7 LC?
In addition to making pumps that over a million US moms a year swear by, Medela has also created a pretty badass service to help ease the transition into motherhood.
With a 24/7 LC membership, you get immediate answers to your breastfeeding questions from a trusted lactation professional, via phone or video, who can cover common breastfeeding questions and challenges, such as:
- Establishing lactation
- Improving your baby’s latch
- Overcoming pain and discomfort (cracked nipples and mastitis, I’m looking at you)
- Managing your breast milk supply
- How to smother your spouse with your nursing pads when he’s sleeping soundly at 3 am while you deal with a fussy newborn (Just kidding. Call me for that. ;))
How does it work?
This service is a game changer for so. many. reasons.
- Subscribers to 24/7 LC can talk to a bilingual, board-certified lactation consultant via video call as often as they’d like, at any time of the day or night.
- Packing up a newborn and trying to actually make it to your appointments on time can be a struggle. It can also be stressful to wait for an appointment when you have a pressing issue that needs to be addressed, like yesterday. Medela’s 24/7 LC lets you bypass all the travel, waiting and waiting rooms by providing instant, face-to-face discussion with a lactation consultant – with no appointment necessary.
- Because you’re connecting with your LC via video chat, you can show them exactly what’s going on so that they can provide you with quick and accurate feedback. In fact, it’s common to connect with an LC in as little as 30 seconds, meaning you’ll be back on track in no time.
- If you’re concerned about the cost, consider the fact that some private lactation consultants can cost up to $150 per visit and they don’t live in your pocket. How’s that for justification?
How do I access Medela’s 24/7 LC?
You get free 30-day access if you’ve purchased select Medela pumps, but anyone can access this service once they’ve registered.
Signing up for Medela’s 24/7 LC is super easy.
- Download the MyMedela app from the App Store or on Google Play
- Create a new account (or login if you already have a Medela account)
- Select 24/7 LC from the top left side of the app (in the yellow bar)
- Hit “Get Started” and fill out any additional information needed
- Choose your membership plan (1 month for $79, 3 months for $117 or 12 months for $156)
That’s it! You’ve got your own personal lactation consultant literally at your fingertips, 24/7 for less than three bucks a day.
Have you had a chance to try 24/7 LC through MyMedela yet?
We’d love to hear about your experiences in the comments!
Leave a Comment