I just saw this posted on Facebook and just had to share it here so I wouldn’t lose track of it.
It’s this magical hold that calms crying babies from birth to about three months (they get a little too heavy after that).
Here’s how to calm a crying baby:
- Fold their arms across their chest.
- Secure their arms gently and support their face with your hand.
- Hold their bum with your other hand.
- Keep the baby at a 45º angle (so they don’t tip backward).
- Gently rock them up and down and give their butt a wiggle.
I would love to know if it works on your baby – I’m pretty sure it would work on me, but I have a feeling that would be difficult and/or weird to find out.
Have you tried this on your baby?