Not everyone is blessed with the gift giving gene. For those who need a little help (or if you’re partnered up with someone who needs a little help), we’ve gathered up the best of the best for each member of your family.
- Baby Gift Ideas: 100 Great Gifts for Babies Under One!
- Great Gifts for a New Dad (or Dad-To-Be)
- Best Gifts for Pregnant Women
- Best Gifts for a New Grandma (or Grandma-To-Be!)
- Best Baby Stocking Stuffers
- 30 Best Easter Basket Ideas for a Baby
Hold on to your butts because if you’re baking a baby, things are about to get REAL. If you’re feeling itchy and bitchy, or even beautifully, marvelously fine, it’s probably written about somewhere on the site. These are a few of our most viewed posts, but be sure to poke around if you’re looking for something specific.
- 15 Morning Sickness Remedies
- Your Pregnant Body – 20 Things They Don’t Tell You
- Scary Shit Series – Preeclampsia
- Best Pregnancy and Baby Apps Voted by Parents
- Handling Restless Leg Syndrome During Pregnancy
As the weeks tick by and reality sets in, you might wonder how the newest addition is going to fit into your life. From dressing your fab new frame to breaking the news to your fur baby that they’re no longer an only child, here are a few helpful posts to get you ready.
- Building a Maternity Wardrobe (without blowing your budget)
- New Baby Checklist – What You’ll Need for This Kiddo
- Baby Proofing Checklist – 40 Ways to Make Your Space Safe
- Top Tips for Introducing Pets to Your Baby
Okay, so you made it this far (yay!), and now you’ve got to get the tiny human inhabiting your lower half out of your body (wtf?!). While you’re waiting for that portion of your story to be written, do yourself a favor and prepare for a couple of different scenarios. Or at least make some padsicles.
- The Ultimate Hospital Bag Packing Checklist
- How To Induce Labor
- Easiest Births Ever
- How to Make a Padsicle: Easy Instructions for Postpartum Cold Packs
- Giving Birth Is Not A Party
You did it! The tiny baby is here and so are alllll the feelings. From what to expect from your body, to ways to tell someone to GTFO of your house, here are some helpful posts for dealing with all things postpartum.
- Happily After Giving Birth – 10 Things They Don’t Tell You
- 10 Tips for Handling Visitors After Birth
- What you Need to Know About Newborns
- Scary Shit Series – Postpartum Depression
Helpful Posts for Breastfeeding:
Do we need to tell you that breastfeeding can be hard, or are you currently living that reality? While it does come easily to some moms and babes, it can also be one helluva challenge for others. Whether you’re just trying to prepare ahead of time, or you’re in the thick of it, here’s a small sample of some of our breastfeeding posts.
- Breastfeeding for Beginners (weeks 1-6)
- Breastfeeding in the First Week: 4 Things You Will Be Glad You Knew
- D-MER Almost Ruined My Breastfeeding Relationship With My Son
- Nursing Bra Buying Guide: Top 5 Mistakes Made
Formula feeding comes with its own set of challenges. These helpful posts cover topics like gear that’s actually worth it, and the complicated feelings formula feeding can involve.
- Formula Feeding Gear Basics
- The Other F Word
- Reclaiming My Breasts
- Milksicles Are One Seriously Cool Teething Hack
Being a New Mom:
It’s impossible to sum up new motherhood in one word, but whirlwind comes to mind. These posts talk about the magnificent, outrageous, exhausting, unbelievable whirlwind that is new motherhood.
- New Mom Guilt: Why You’re Not Failing as a Mother
- Babies are Just Like Cake – Cut New Moms a Break
- 20 Things I Learned From My First 4 Months of Parenthood
- No Really, Don’t Worry About Your Velcro Baby
Helpful Posts for Sleep:
Do babies sleep? Word on the street is they’re supposed to, but it doesn’t really feel like that’s something many (any?) babies are interested in. If you’re struggling in the sleep department, hopefully one of these helpful posts can easy your pain. And if not, poke around because we’ve got a bunch of sleep related content.
- Baby Sleep Guidelines – Newborn to 12 Months
- The Haggard Mother Sleep Training Method
- My Baby Won’t Stop Crying – the Purple Crying Period
- Baby Sleep Tips from Seasoned Parents
Who doesn’t like free things?! Now go print out your own do-not-disturb hanger, and nap in peace.
- Do-Not-Disturb Baby Door Hangers
- Resource Guide
- Pregnancy Milestone Cards
- Ultimate List of Names for Grandparents
Fun Interactive Stuff:
One fun way to pass the time is speculating about what your babe will look like once they are finally here. Take an educated guess with one of these fun, helpful posts.